Happy Friday loves! So excited that we're about to head into a long weekend. Do y'all have any fun plans?! Saturday, we are going to work on building the dining table which I assume will take most of the day and also get some blog shoots done. At some point I'm also going to go with my mom to look at Mother of the Bride dresses! Sunday, we wanted to go to Mount Vernon but I'm not sure how the weather will be with the tropical storm rolling through. We might have to push the day trip to Monday! I want to start doing more fun weekend trips. We have so much around us between everything in DC, Baltimore and Annapolis. Plus, I love fall weather so that will motivate me to get out and about more!
As promised, I'm doing on update on my "Sweating for the Wedding" series. The last month and a half I have been really strict about going to the gym and have definitely been seeing some great results! I'm seeing a lot more muscle definition and just feel more toned all around. I love being able to add more weight on when I'm doing exercises--I never had a lot of upper body strength but I'm finally starting to get stronger! Here is my weekly work-out routine currently:
- Leg Press (usually 110ish Ibs)
- Squats on the Smith machine (4 sets of 12, 70 Ibs)
- Leg Extensions (4 sets of 12, 40 Ibs)
- Leg Curl (4 sets of 12, 40 Ibs)
- Glute machine (4 sets of 12, weight varies)
- TRX Single Leg Squat (4 sets of 12, each leg)
- 25 minutes on the spin bike (variation between high resistance/low resistance)
- Wide Grip Lat Pull Down (4 sets of 15)
- Dumbbell alternate bicep curls (4 sets of 12 for each arm)
- Front Plate Raise (4 sets of 12)
- Plate Truck Driver (4 sets of 12)
- Dumbbell bench press (4 sets of 12)
Wednesday-Arms (more focused on shoulders/triceps) + Abs
- Shoulder Press (4 sets of 12)
- Dumbbell lateral raises (4 sets of 12)
- Tricep Kickbacks (4 sets of 12)
- Vertical Tricep Extension with Cable (4 sets of 12)
- Bicycle Crunches (4 sets of 50)
- Planks and Side planks
- Weighted "In-N-Outs" (4 sets of 15)
- Decline Sit-Up+Oblique Crunch (4 sets of 10)--these are SO hard!
Friday-either Barre class or Cardio + Back
PS-I think I'm going to skip Monday's post to enjoy the long weekend but I'll be back to my regular schedule on Weds!
Hope y'all enjoyed this post and have an awesome holiday weekend!